I wouldn’t say, I’m finished with travelling and I’ve been everywhere – NO – I’m just about to start! =)
But as the year 2009 is over and I’m back home in Langenzersdorf (close to Vienna, Austria)
here comes my BIG WORLD TOUR 2009 REVIEW !!!
Exactly one year ago on the 12.02.2009, I’ve started my big world tour straight from Vienna to New York City, USA!
I’ve started off with a big, but not very detailed plan to travel the world.
My purpose was to meet many interesting people, get an opener world-view, survive 1000+1 crazy adventures and find myself.
One year ago I hit into New York City, only having my big pack bag and about US$ 25,- cash.
No hotel booked – no address to go … but you could see the optimism, motivation and happiness in my face! =)
Often I’ve travelled in such a speed and still elegant way, I’m now a days not sure, how I’ve done it.
Still I know, once I’m back on the route, my instinct will make me find my way – always following the motto: “go with the flow”!
It was the start of something new …
When I started my crazy tour I had a long list in my head.
A list of crazy things, I want to do – try out – or I have to think about …
And the final outcome was a full success!
I’ve learned way more about life, than I would have imagined!
I’ve found way more answers to questions, than I hoped to find! and …
I’ve been up to way more crazy situations and adventures, than I would ever have imagined!
THE STORY GOES ON
In the past I’ve experimented how to travel for places, which turned out being not as interesting, as many places never change.
This time I was going to do it different – I was travelling to meet interesting people!
Therefore the network CouchSurfing.com was a big help for me, meeting a lot of interesting, motivated persons and find many new friends!
My usual “not-planned-in-detail”-plan was to get once around the world.
But as I always went where the route brought me, I haven’t done a full turn yet – but that’s probably only a question of time! ;)
Not a lot of points in my life are fix by now – but one thing is clear: I want to meet more people and see much more new places! =)
It was a short year of immense fun and much studying about life! =)
Here are just a few big points, I’ve learned and/or done: (the list is in absolutely no order ;)
– improve my English skills
– start speaking (baby-)Spanish
– learn how to travel with a small budget
– learn how to build up a big friendship network
– learn how to cook
– learn how to couch surf
– take a course, how to give a professional Swedish body massage
– do the PADI open water diving course
– learn how to hitchhike
– learn how to love
– realize how horrible slow the Internet in the jungle can be
– find out how to sleep in a hammock
– roll down a hill in a real sand desert
– enjoy the feeling of having sand in every opening of your body
– find out how hot is lava
– taste 1000+1 new things to eat
– learn how some of those things you’ve eaten can damage your stomach
– give free hugs
– become through long training a professional mosquito killer (!)
– walk with a small candle in swimming cloths through a dark water-cave
– see 1000 bats flying around your
– find a lot of Geocaches (Geocaching.com)
– take a class at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
– watch Mariachi playing
– party a lot! =)
– take about 14.000 photos
– survive the H1N1 epidemic in Mexico (I gladly never got sick! :)
– meet the Evil Monkey (in Tegucigalpa)
– enjoy the Caribbean beach at day and night
– learn how to destroy a guitar
+ find true love -> my sweet girlfriend! <3
!!! THANK YOU !!!
I want to say thank you to my family and all my friends,
who supported me so much and offered me a save network,
in case something would have turned out to fail!
Thank you to all couch hosts, who have shared their home with me!
Us will always connect the often short, but good time we had!
Kay in New York City, USA
Bill in Allentown, PA, USA
Natalie in Toronto, Canada
Julia in Toronto, Canada
Elizabeth in Montreal, Canada
Elizabeth in Boston, USA
Tova in Boston, USA
Ahmed in Mexico City, Mexico 2x
Liu&Yan in Helsinki, Finland 2x
Amado in Santa Tecla, El Salvador
Javier in San Salvador, El Salvador
Sujue & Ting in Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Ying Lan Liu in Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Cinthya in San Pedro Sula, Honduras 2x
Thank you for all my friends, who have helped me among my long way!
Thank you to all the nameless people, who showed me the way, when I tried to find a specific place! ;)
Thank you to WordPress.com for this free website and Facebook.com which gives me the opportunity to stay in touch with all my friends!
Thank you to my sweet girlfriend, for loving me so much! <3
At the moment I’m searching for a job to fill up my wallet again. (feedback/help/offers welcome ;)
The future is by now not fix, but I definitely want to see the rest of the world!
… the story will go on – stay up-to-date over this website! ;)
I plan to finish my pack-bag-YouTube video soon! You won’t miss it! =)
!!! ALL PHOTOS ARE ONLINE NOW !!! =)